Technical Assistance: the people you call for stairlift repairs and maintenance
Is something not quite right with your stairlift? Give Electra Taamal, our trusted dealer in Israel, a call and they’ll help you get moving again.
You’ve experienced the complete freedom a stairlift gives you. You know how much more energy you have now that you don’t use it all up on your stairs, but something’s not quite right. Don’t worry, we’re here to help.
Give Electra Taamal, Stannah’s sole distributor in Israel, a call
Your stairlift was built to last decades. We tested it and made sure that it could carry you the distance of the moon and back before we installed it in your house. Chances are it’s a quick fix.
Have a look at our troubleshooting tips below, but if you don’t feel comfortable following the tips, you can reach Electra Taamal’s technical assistance team at 1-800-329-329. They’re might be able to give you a solution on the phone, but if they can’t, their experienced technicians will come and have a look at your stairlift, and before you know it, it’ll be back up and running again.
In the unlikely event that you’re having a problem with your stairlift, these troubleshooting tips may help you resolve the issue straight away.
Before you try to troubleshoot any of the problems listed below, make sure you are doing so from a safe position and if necessary, ask for assistance.
My stairlift will not move
If the power light is off:
- Check the on/off switch is on (it’s usually on the arm of your chair).
- Check that the master power switch is on (it’s usually under the seat on the carriage, either at the front or back).
- Check that the key is inserted and turned to the on position (it’s usually under the seat on the carriage, either on the front or side).
If the power light is on:
- If you have a hinged rail make sure the rail is fully lowered and locked in position.
- Check that the chair is fully swiveled back to its traveling position and that the swivel levers are in the correct position.
- Check whether there is anything in the way of the safety edges – if there is, move the stairlift in the opposite direction of the obstruction, remove the obstruction and then you can continue your journey.
If your stairlift still does not move:
- Turn the power key to the off position and then back on.
- Move and hold the control in the direction of travel for a few seconds after which the stairlift should start.
- If the stairlift still doesn’t work at this point call your local branch.
My stairlift is beeping:
Your stairlift will beep if the batteries are not being charged.
- Check the wall switch is on.
- Check the power has not tripped.
- Check the stairlift is parked correctly at the top or bottom of the stairs.
- If you have checked these things and your stairlift continues to beep switch your stairlift off and call your local branch.
My remote control doesn’t work:
- Check and replace the batteries if necessary.
My automatic swivel doesn’t work:
- Call your local branch. Use the manual swivel levers under the seat in the meantime.
My hinge or retractable rail doesn’t work:
- Call your branch or supplier. If the rail is causing an obstruction you can raise the rail manually by grasping the underside of the rail.
- If you are home alone, we always recommend that you carry a mobile phone with you so you can alert others if you need help.
- Keep our dealer’s number handy or saved in your phone for emergencies.
- It’s always a good idea to ask someone else to be around to help you troubleshoot.
- If your stairlift stops on the stairs, it’s best to stay in the chair and see if you can restart it or call for some help. If you do have to get out, make sure you can do so safely, take it slowly and ideally have someone to help you.